Friday, February 20, 2009

Starzynski Confirms That She Will Not Return for 09'-10' Season

Throughout the season there has been much speculation as to whether sophomore transfer Danielle Starzynski would stick around in Tampa and finish out her 4 years. That speculation was put to rest wednesday night in a press conference when Starzynski confirmed that she would not be returing to play for USF in the 2009-2010 season.

When Starzynski was asked what her reasons were for making this decision she responded saying, "The basketball organization here at USF has treated me well but at the end of the day i just don't think it's a good fit for me. I need to find a team that better suits my playing style and where i can fit in more and i don't see USF being that team. The coaching staff and I have had our differences as many know and the best thing for me to do is transfer at this point. As of right now i'm not sure where i'll be transferring to but i'm looking to go back home to New Jersey. I wish the girls the best of luck next season. My time here has been a great experience and i appreciate all that's been done for me but it's time for change, i need to move on."

Starzynski is the Bulls leading scorer averaging 35ppg along with 7 steals and 4 assists. This will be a huge loss for the Bulls next season as they also graduate 7 seniors. It looks like the 2009-2010 season will be a big re-grouping year for this Bulls basketball team.

No comments: